PLEASE NOTE: To ensure that our campus meets and exceeds even the most stringent of health and safety guidelines when students return to Niagara in August, our Summer Orientation sessions have been shifted to a multifaceted, engaging online experience that provides you with a wealth of information and interaction as you prepare for the fall semester on our beautiful campus.
2020 Summer Orientation Sessions:
- Session I - Thursday, July 9 - SESSION CLOSED
- Session II - Monday, July 13 - SESSION CLOSED
- Session III - Thursday, July 16
Congratulations on your decision to attend Niagara University! Your journey begins with Summer Orientation! The Orientation team is excited to welcome you to NU!
Registration for Summer Orientation 2020 is Now Open!
If you have not already, you will be receiving information from Admissions with your student ID number, and instructions on how to set-up your NU PurplePass. Once you've submitted your enrollment deposit, the next step is to register for one of our three Summer Orientation (SumO) sessions. Please note: Niagara University students are required to participate in one of the three virtual sessions on the dates listed above.
Highlights of the live virtual Summer Orientation sessions include:
- Each session will include a one-day live experience on the Zoom platform. Your program will take place on the first of the two days if you are scheduled for a two-day program (July 9 or 13) while the third SumO session will occur via Zoom on July 16. Any prior payments for family participants will be refunded.
- In the days and weeks leading up to and following the live Zoom sessions, you will be able to connect with upperclassmen orientation leaders and other incoming new students both before and after your live SumO session. Students will also be able to hear from a faculty member after their live SumO event. You will receive login information for all of these virtual events via your Niagara University email.
- You will have plentiful opportunities to engage with current and future students, participate in live Q-and-A, chat with faculty and support staff, and learn more about the many ways we plan to keep you connected to Niagara University throughout the summer leading up to the start of the Fall 2020 semester.
If you haven't registered for a summer orientation session yet just click on the Welcome Portal link (left-hand side of this page) and complete all the forms. Once all the forms are completed, you will be able to register for SumO 2020. Please note: health services requirements need not be complete prior to SumO. However, information does need to be submitted in full 30 days prior to the start of your fall classes.
You will be getting a welcome letter in your home mailbox from Christopher Sheffield, Associate Vice President for Student Affairs. This letter contains important details about Summer Orientation, so make sure you read it and share the information with your family. Space for each session is capped for balance. Signing up as early as possible is recommended to ensure that you get the session you desire.
We are looking forward to meeting you virtually in July and in person in August!
Stay in Touch & Get Involved!
Also, in anticipation of your SumO session and to start interacting with your new classmates you are also invited to join the Niagara University fall entry class of 2020 Facebook group. This is a great place to "meet" other new students and ask questions about your upcoming NU college experience.