The Office of Counseling Services is committed to providing comprehensive, quality mental health services to students who may be dealing with everyday life stressors, as well as more difficult problems or circumstances.
Services offered include:
- Individual counseling
- Mental health assessment and intervention (please note that Counseling Services is not able to provide comprehensive learning disability assessments and/or documentation such as an IEP but community referrals can be provided.)
Self Help & Resources
- Relaxation Preparation for Studying or Test-taking
- Overcoming Test Anxiety
- Online Relaxation Exercises
- Relaxation Exercises for Test Anxiety
- National Institute of Mental Health
- This web site offers information from NIMH about the symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of depression. Included are brochures and information sheets, reports, fact sheets, and other educational materials.
- A comprehensive student resource for access to mental health information, including Harvard Medical School’s mental health and drug information library and Duke University’s Diagnostic Psychiatry Screening Program.