Kiernan Rec Center
Kiernan Center COVID Plan
Effective immediately the following protocols and safety procedures will be in place and must be adhered to by all students, faculty and staff.
- Only current Niagara University students, faculty and staff will be permitted to enter the Kiernan Center. No guests, alumni or community members will be permitted.
- Everyone entering must swipe their NU ID card to be permitted access to the facility.
- Everyone will be required to show proof that they completed their daily health screening through MyNU.
- Everyone will be required to be temperature checked.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times while in the facility, regardless of activity, unless swimming.
- Acceptable face coverings include cloth facemasks and disposable surgical masks. Bandanas, Gaiters and Buffs are not acceptable face coverings per NYS guidelines. Anyone attempting to enter the facility, without acceptable face coverings, will not be allowed entrance.
- Each area of the facility will be limited to 33% capacity. The capacity for each area will be clearly marked. We will operate on a first come, first served basis. We ask everyone to limit time spent in any area to no more than 45 minutes.
- Everyone will be required to sanitize equipment before and after use, using provided wipes. These wipes will be found in green or white tubs located throughout each fitness area.
- Shower areas and saunas will be closed and unavailable for use.
- Bottle filling stations will be available but drinking fountains have been disabled.
- Certain activities will be restricted or not permitted. For example, no competitive activities such as pickup basketball (1 on 1, 3 on 3, 5 on 5) will be permitted. Shooting on the basketball courts will be allowed but everyone must maintain 6 feet of distance at all times. No more than 4 people will be allowed on any half court.
- Locker rooms will only be available, at a limited capacity, for changing and bathroom use. Lockers will be locked and unavailable to store personal belongings. We highly recommend not bringing valuable items to the Kiernan Center.
- We will not be offering open swim hours for the time being. Once open swim hours are available, we will notify the university community.
- Equipment rental will not be available. Everyone will need to provide their own equipment for use in the gym areas (basketballs, soccer balls, etc.)
- Sharing of equipment is not permitted, unless sanitized between uses.
If you have any questions please contact Derek Puff at email@example.com.
For updates, please continue to monitor this website.
Your Center for Campus Recreation
Welcome to the homepage for the Kiernan Recreation Center, Niagara University's all-in-one recreation complex. The Kiernan Center offers more than 50 intramural, recreational & health/wellness programs for the Niagara University community. In addition, the center is the site for numerous community-based programs.
Niagara University's Kiernan Recreation Center is a facility where students, university employees and community members can go to workout, get in shape and have fun!
The mission of the Kiernan Recreation Center is to support Niagara University’s Vincentian mission by developing and maintaining healthy and life-enhancing recreational opportunities for the University community.
The Kiernan Center staff strive to provide:
- Quality services
- Quality programs
- Quality facilities