Intramural Sign-Up Procedures:
Teams can enter a league at any time during the league’s registration period. Each team needs to complete the following in order to register:
- All teams must be registered through www.imleagues.com by the registration deadline for each league and tournament. (See imleagues.com sign-up instructions for information on registering your team.)
- One person from each team must attend the team representative meeting for each intramural league.
Teams that are not registered through imleagues will not be permitted into the league once the registration deadline has taken place.
I want to play intramurals, but I don't know anyone. How do I participate?
Individuals as well as teams are encouraged to participate in intramurals. Teams are usually formed from student organizations and, often, simply groups of friends. However, if you want to play but don’t know enough people to form a team, don't fret, you can still get involved. All you need to do is show up at the team representative meeting for the program that you are interested in. Your name will be posted on the “Free Agent Board” and available to any other individuals as well as team captains looking for players or partners.
Intramural Discipline Protocol:
Individuals who choose to participate in Niagara University intramurals agree to abide by the standards of conduct outlined below.
Participants shall not:
- Consume any alcohol/drug before participating or while participating or spectating.
- Physically or verbally abuse any official, player, spectator, or any other individual that may be present during an event. *Use obscene gestures, profanity, or disrespectful language will not be tolerated.
- Violate any university rules or policies.
- Intentionally engage in or incite participants and/or spectators to engage in abusive or violent behavior. *Display poor sportsmanship of any kind.
- Falsify any information on any intramural form.
Those allowed to participate in NU intramurals include:
- Full-time undergraduates, NU employees, NU alumni*, graduate and part-time students.* *Need to purchase a Kiernan Center membership.*
- Any team with an individual that is not allowed to participate can result in suspension or forfeiture of team from league play.
Violations of the Standards of Conduct may result in:
- Probation or suspension from participation in programs and/or access to the Kiernan Center.
- Letters of apology to involved parties.
- Working volunteer (unpaid) hours at the Kiernan Center.
Intramural League Schedules
League schedules are released after the team rep meeting has concluded.
Fall Sports Leagues
- 5 on 5 Basketball
- Flag Football
- Outdoor Soccer
- Co-ed Volleyball
Spring Sports Leagues
- 3-on-3 Basketball
- Co-ed Indoor Soccer
- Co-ed Volleyball
- Floor Hockey
If your team wishes to reschedule a game, you must submit the rescheduling form at least 24 hours in advance.
Under the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), individuals with disabilities needing accommodations to participate in Kiernan Center programs or use the Kiernan Center facilities should contact a KC supervisor at ext. 8055 for assistance.
Kiernan Center Championship Series
The Kiernan Center Championship Series is for those who wish to participate in our intramural tournaments, and be awarded for it. The Kiernan Center Championship Series purpose is to promote friendly competition between the student body as they accumulate points in three different areas. These areas consist of participation, sportsmanship, and competition. The point system is designed to award participants and teams that participate in multiple intramural tournaments while maintaining good sportsmanship. The overall champion will be crowned at the end of the semester, and have their team name engraved on a plaque that will be displayed in the Kiernan Recreation Center. In addition, the winning member will receive an intramural championship t-shirt along with a $100 cash prize. Take the first step by registering your team on imleagues.com/Niagara and get to playing!
Every intramural participant is eligible to accumulate points for their designated team name. The affiliation name must remain the same for each sport or event to count towards the Championship Series standings. Even though qualifying teams will be limited in team sports to one team per league per sport, each member registered will receive points towards their individual Championship Series standings.
We Value Your Opinion
We appreciate your feedback and value your thoughts. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve our operations or thoughts on possible programs we can implement, please contact us at 716.286.8057 or email us at email@example.com.