Exchange Programs and Partnerships
Niagara University offers several opportunities to accrue major-based knowledge in other parts of the world.
- Students can participate in a European educational adventure in either the spring or fall. All participants must study in Rome (Italy) Paris (France), and Limerick (Ireland).
- Students also have the option of spending an entire semester at the Rome campus. Students are housed at various sites and facilities and receive two daily meals for four to five days per week.
- Several cultural excursions are planned to allow students to explore each city and country. Additionally, they will carry out the Vincentian mission as they learn by providing service to the poor while studying abroad.
Niagara offers an exchange program with the International University of Applied Sciences, Germany.
"Our locations in Bad Honnef and Bad Reichenhall are the right places for anyone looking to achieve a challenging managerial position in the service industry of the 21st century. And becoming one of its top decision-makers.
Alongside management training and management science, our Bachelor programs in Aviation, Hospitality, Tourism and Event Management, International Management as well as Marketing Management, provide essential practical and professional orientation with an unparalleled international dimension. Our Master programs in International Management and Transport & Logistics as well as the MBA qualify you further for a position in senior management. Our expertise is recognized both in Germany and internationally and as a consequence, English is our predominant language of tuition.
The reputation we have acquired among experts and our know-how is placed at your disposal; as well as an inviting environment for studying.
Our success can also be yours, if you bring flexibility, mobility and a willingness to work as well as inquisitiveness and motivation. Then, the IUBH can become the best place for you to make your start into the future."
Niagara University offers an exchange program with Edge Hill University, located in northwestern England.
Niagara University offers an Exchange Program with Mary Immaculate College of Ireland, primarily on its Limerick campus.
"Founded in 1898, MIC is a Catholic College of Education and the Liberal Arts. The College offers a wide range of programmes in Education and the Liberal Arts at both undergraduate and postgraduate level and over 3,000 students are engaged in studies here. MIC has a vibrant international community- hosting more than 500 international students every year.
Our website has been designed to make information about the College accessible to a wide range of people, including staff, students (current and prospective), alumni, academic peers and partners, parents, friends, and visitors.
Visitors to our website should be directed as quickly as possible to the information they are searching for by using the links located at the top of the Home Page (which also includes a drop-down menu) as well by using the Gateways and Quick Links included on each webpage. The links at the top of the Home Page are also provided on all pages on the site so that any user is never more than one or two clicks away from the information they seek."
Niagara University offers an Exchange Program with the University of Insubria, Italy.
Niagara University offers an Exchange Program with the Catholic University of Lille, France.
"Universite Catholique de Lille is not only a centre of education, research and service; it is also full of life and offers numerous sporting and cultural opportunities… The Campus is home to more than 300 student clubs and societies.
Universite Catholique de Lille considers that internationalization makes an important contribution to its students’ development. To further this vision, it has developed:
- 460 special international partnerships,
- A Charter for International Students,
- Orientation sessions for every international student coming to Lille for a study abroad experience.
As a result of this vision, Universite Catholique de Lille welcomes about 1,600 international students from more than 88 different countries every year"
Niagara University offers an exchange program with Haaga-Helia University of Science, Finland.
"Haaga-Helia operates on five campuses in Helsinki, Porvoo and Vierumäki. Haaga-Helia is a strongly business orientated university of applied sciences in Finland. Through education, research and development, we prepare professionals for business and services. We focus on co-operation, entrepreneurship, innovation and internationality."
This is a nine month partnership program in Salzburg, Austria.
Niagara University offers an exchange program with the Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, South Korea.
According to QS ranking 2013, Catholic University of Korea (CUK) was ranked 18th among almost 200 universities in Korea. CUK has an International dormitory and it accommodates over 1,000 students at once and international students are required to stay with Korean students together. In the dormitory and global lounge, CUK requires our students to speak English to communicate with international students from different culture and society.
CUK also provides our International students with a chance to learn Korean language if they want.
Niagara University offers an exchange program with Myongji University, Seoul, South Korea.
- Myongji University as a prestigious private Christian institution had produced nearly 100,000 acting intellectuals since its establishment in 1948. Outstanding individuals who learned and grew in Myongji following God’s love and will advanced to all walks of life and had become solid grains of Korean and global development.
- Myongji University has become a cradle for practical humanism over past half century, and is operating various and practical globalization programs while having exchange with 150 universities in 22 different countries to train 21st century’s global leaders of love and creation.
- Myongji University is equipped with top-notch faculty, curriculum, and cutting edge educational facilities for all our students to abundantly enjoy the opportunities of experiencing world and stepping forward to the world.
- The nation’s best architecture educational facility, Architecture, gleaning with accreditation, Engineering and Administration Colleges, and superb departments keeping various university evaluations the highest rank, are fully holding up Myongji’s education. Additionally, future-oriented general academic information center: Bangmok Academic Information Center, world-class experimental center: Hybrid Hall, having nature-friendly research installation: Next Generation Science Center, and actively utilizing eco-friendly energy: Engineering Colleges 2 and 5, have been constructed to support Myongji’s energetic step toward being a global campus.
- Myongji is being one step ahead in practicing the new paradigm, low-carbon green growth within its campus. While conserving internal energy and resources by utilizing eco-friendly energy, Myongji has participated in Gyeonggi Green Campus Council as one of the leading schools, becoming the foothold for green growth. Reaping substantive results as winning in Korea Environment Corporation’s Green Campus Contest, Myongji is perfectly obtaining the appearance as 21st century’s eco-friendly university.
- To be regenerated as a global, prestigious institution beyond Korea, Myongji will cultivate constant movement and development as its tradition. “Myongji”, the name that means the genuine knowledge that lights up the world, will continue our steps to be the place where your future wonderfully comes true.
Dong Nai Tech offers internships and exchange student opportunities, located in Bien Hoa City, Vietnam.
Niagara University offers a student exchange, joint bachelor degree, and visiting scholar program with Hunan First Normal Academy, located in Hunan, China.
Guangxi University of Chinese Medicine, located in Nanning, China.
Shanghai Institute of Technology, located in Shanghai, China.
The Sunshine Coast, one of the most beautiful regions in Australia, has world-class surfing beaches, national parks and a subtropical climate suited to an outdoor lifestyle. The University of the Sunshine Coast is approximately 10 minutes from the beach and one hour from Queenland's capital, Brisbane.
You can immerse yourself in the Australian lifestyle and culture while you earn full credit toward your degree.
Areas of study include journalism, public relations, international business, tourism, marketing and education.
The Spanish Studies Abroad Program offers unique experiences to study in Seville, Barcelona, and Alicante, Spain; Córdoba, Argentina; San Juan, Puerto Rico; and Havana, Cuba.
These programs are meant for students in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Semester, academic year and summer programs are available.
- La Universidad de Alicante is located in the historical and beautiful harbor city of Alicante on the Costa Blanca. The picturesque setting on the Mediterranean Sea is a great place for students to study and immerse themselves in the Spanish culture.
- Niagara University also provides a unique cultural experience in the vibrant, historical city of Seville during the semester, academic year, January term and summer sessions.
- Seville, a beautiful ancient city on the banks of the Guadalquiver River, is the centerpiece of your educational experience.
- Through this program, students will study at The Universidad de Sevilla (USIV) or Universidad Pablo de Olavide (UPO).
- In addition to Alicante and Seville, Niagara is pleased to offer a new location in Spain for semester, academic year, and summer study.
- Barcelona is Spain's second largest city and embodies every quality of a European city while sitting picturesquely alongside the Mediterranean Sea.
- La Universitat Pompeu Fabra is centrally located in the heart of Barcelona. While at UPF, students will benefit from the hustle and bustle of a modern city, proximity to museums and historic sites, and Gaudi’s famous architecture.
- Córdoba, the capital of the providence Córdoba, is the second largest city in Argentina. It offers cultural activities, sports facilities, music and theatres. Nearby lakes and mountains allow for many kinds of summer and winter recreation. Córdoba is home to the highest concentration of university students from all over Argentina and neighboring countries.
- Programa de Español y Cultura Latinoamericana courses are taught under the auspices of the Facultad de Filosofía y Humanidades and the Facultad de Lengaus, and include language study as well as a variety of other disciplines, such as culture, literature, history, and more specialized courses in regional diversity, socioeconomics and Andean art, history and religion.
- A highly respected institution of learning, Universidad Nacional de Córdoba (UNC) is a direct descendent of the oldest university in Argentina, and one of the oldest on the continent, the Colegio Máximo founded in Córdoba by the Jesuits in 1613. Evolving through the centuries, the UNC became autonomous in the 19th century and witnessed significant expansion of its disciplines in the 20th century.
- Students will begin the UNC/PECLA program with a period of intensive study of language and culture, followed by their semester courses. In addition to the courses offered by PECLA, all students will enroll in one or two courses selected from the broad offerings of the facultades at UNC.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Originally claimed for Spain in 1493 by Christopher Columbus, Puerto Rico remained under Spanish control until it was ceded to the United States in the Spanish-American War of 1898. In 1952 the island became a commonwealth of the United States and remains so to this day. The city of San Juan is the largest capital in the Caribbean and is considered the cultural heart of Puerto Rico.
- Students will study at la Universidad del Sagrado Corazón.
- Havana, a beautiful city with historic neighborhoods, a captivating waterfront and a diverse cultural heritage, is the perfect setting for a meaningful cross-cultural learning experience
- Recent changes to US government regulations allow students enrolled in a college or university to travel to Cuba. Spanish Studies Abroad offers students the rare opportunity to immerse themselves in Cuba’s rich blend of African, European and American cultures, and to experience it from within.
- Students will study at la Universidad de La Habana
For questions, contact Dr. James McCutcheon, Associate Professor of Spanish, or reach by phone at 716.286.8211.
Niagara University is a partner of the Center for International Studies (CIS).
- CIS Abroad offers offers students a choice of 70 programs in 18 countries around the world for a semester, summer, January, or full academic year. Internships are also available.
- This program is open to all majors.
- Possibilities include Australia, China, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Ecuador, England, France, Ghana, Hawaii, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Scotland, South Africa, Spain, and Thailand
Study abroad for a semester (or the summer) with the American Institute for Foreign Studies (AIFS), an exciting and educational experience you will remember all your life.
- AIFS has programs in Asia, Australia, Europe, South America and South Africa. You can study French, art history and fashion in Paris; take Italian, studio art and literature at Richmond in Florence; or study Spanish language and culture at the University of Salamanca in Spain. You can even take an internship at a world-class company in London or work at a community placement in South Africa on our service learning program.
- This program is meant for students of all majors.
Semester at Sea is a semester long study abroad program, allowing students to study and sail across the sea.
Welcome to the international student community at Niagara University! "Like" our Facebook page to follow up with up-to-date activities of international student body at NU and ask for peer mentor support during admissions as well as study process!
If you are interested in any of these programs, please visit our office in DePaul Room 133 or contact us!