Student Health Services provides care for illnesses or injuries common to healthy college students.
Services provided include:
- Allergy shots.
- Diagnosis and treatment of minor acute illnesses.
- First aid for minor injuries.
- Simple laboratory testing, limited blood work, and select rapid testing.
- Eye examinations for New York state driver license renewal.
- Loan crutches, humidifiers, nebulizers
- Health education and educational materials
- Physical examinations and limited immunizations required for attendance.
- Dispensing pharmacy for common prescription medications ordered by our medical staff. Fees for all medications will be billed to the patient’s student account. If prescriptions are not available through Student Health Services, the student is responsible for obtaining their medication at a local retail pharmacy
Students requiring allergy shots may be seen at Student Health Services on Thursdays between 8:30 – 11:30 a.m. Please notify this office of the need for allergy shots at least two weeks before the start of the school session. Students must bring orders and allergy serum from their physician prior to their first appointment.
Laboratory and X-ray Services
Specimens for more complex laboratory testing will be collected by the nursing staff and sent to a commercial laboratory. Laboratory testing will be processed under a student’s insurance coverage. There are no on-site x-ray services, students will be referred to an outpatient Radiology Department for x-rays ordered through the Student Health Services.
Any laboratory or outpatient testing that is not covered by the student’s medical insurance will be the student’s personal financial responsibility.
Students may be referred to specialists or to a local hospital emergency room as deemed necessary by the Student Health Services medical staff. Services by off-campus medical providers will be the student’s financial responsibility. Transportation can be arranged if a student is referred to an off campus medical provider.