Student Health Services strives to provide seamless, coordinated and compassionate care at each student encounter and to promote the overall health and productivity of the Niagara University community.
A message from Health Services:
Don’t end up feeling like this! Follow these tips to avoid getting a respiratory illness:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze.
- Alcohol–based cleaners are also effective.
- When you have to cough/sneeze, do so into your sleeve, not your hands.
- Eliminate your micro swapping behaviors!
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread that way.
- Open your residence room window daily for fresh air.
- Disinfect your room by wiping down high use surfaces with Clorox or Lysol wipes daily. You may also use Lysol spray.
- Eat a well-balanced diet, drink plenty of liquids, get 8-9 hours of sleep a night, and exercise regularly. Keeping your immune system healthy prevents illness.
- Know the symptoms and get treated early. Schedule an appointment at Health Services directly online through your myNU or by calling 716.286.8390.
- Temporarily limit contact with others that are ill due to the flu.
How flu savvy are you? Take the Flu IQ and find out!
In need of a flu shot? It’s not too late. Click here to find a flu shot.
What's the single most important thing you can do to stay healthy?