Office of Multicultural Affairs
Spreading Cultural Awareness and Creating a Network of Diverse Opportunities
The Office of Multicultural Affairs seeks to engage the Niagara community through events and programming which will highlight and celebrate diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion in order to help support students maximize their college experience and empower them to achieve success both academically and personally.
- The campus office (located in Lower Level Gallagher) supports a wide variety of events and programs relating to culture and diversity (MLK Week, Hispanic Heritage Month, Black History Month, Native American History Month, food/culture nights, panel discussions, and the Student Ball).
- Is inclusive of all members of the NU campus community.
- Provides advice and support to students, various student organizations and a peer advocacy group, Diversity Advocates.
By getting involved with the Office of Multicultural Affairs, students can:
- Plan and participate in cultural events.
- Go on educational and recreational trips locally and/or nationally.
- Experience authentic international foods in our region.
- Create presentations on topics and research that interest them.
- Participate in activities that allow them to share their culture.
- Perform and share their talents with fellow students.
- Meet students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures and diverse backgrounds.