Rose Bente Lee Ostapenko Center for Race, Equity, & Mission
Made possible by the generous gift of Rose Bente Lee Ostapenko, the Center is dedicated to promoting racial equity in our community. The Ostapenko Center for Race, Equity, and Mission has four key focus areas:
- Education, Equity, and Race
- Social Action, Equity, and Race
- University, Community, and Government Partnerships
- Health Equity
The goals of The Ostapenko Center for Race, Equity, and Mission are:
- To promote a true understanding of race, equity (versus equality; versus inequity; versus liberation), and social justice.
- To serve as a resource on-campus (to Niagara University students, faculty, and staff), along with off-campus (to the education, businesses, government, and community sectors) on issues of racial equity.
- To organize events in the form of guest speakers, panel discussions, conferences, and trips to educate and foster discussion of issues of racial equity for students and the community.
Follow us on Social Media!