NU is closely monitoring the coronavirus.
About Father Maher
Rev. James J. Maher, C.M.
- 2004 - D.Min. (Doctor of Ministry), Immaculate Conception Seminary and Graduate School of Theology
- 1990 - Th.M. (Master of Theology), Mary Immaculate Seminary, Northampton, Pa.
- 1989 - M. Div. (Master of Divinity), Mary Immaculate Seminary, Northampton, Pa.
- 1984 - B.A. (Sociology), St. John's University, Queens, N.Y.
Relevant Work Experience
- 2013 - President, Niagara University
- 2010 - Present Provincial Consulter, Eastern Province, Congregation of the Mission
- 2011 - 2013 Executive Vice President for Mission and Student Services, St. John’s University
- 2009 - 2010 Executive Director of the Vincentian Institute for Social Action, St. John's University
- 2004 - 2010 Vice President for Student Affairs, St. John's University
- 1999 - 2005 Vice President for University Ministry, St. John's University
- 1994 - 1999 Campus Minister, St. John's University
- DePaul University, Board of Trustees, 2009-
- Niagara University, Board of Trustees, 2010-
- St. John's Bread and Life Program, Chair Emeritus and Board Member, 1994-2006; Chair, 2012-
- St. John's University, Executive Committee of the Board, 2011-2013
- St. John's University, Executive Planning Committee, 2001-2013
- St. John's University, Fair Labor Association, Collegiate Executive Committee, 1999-2003
- St. John's University, Middle States Steering Committee, 2010-2011
- St. John's University, NCAA Certification Committee, 2009
- St. John's University, President's Senior Management Team, 2002-2013
- St. John's University, University Collective Bargaining Committee, 2011-2012
Honors and Awards
- Pietas Medal, St. John's University, 2009
- Outstanding Leader in Education, Madison Who's Who, 2008
- Student Affairs' Outstanding Administrator Achievement Award, St. John's University Student Government Inc., 2005
- Inducted into Epsilon Kappa, Sigma Delta Phi (National Hispanic Honor Society), 2005
- Named one of Top 100 Irish-Americans in U.S., Irish America Magazine, 2004
- Outstanding Service Award, Outreach Project (New York), 2004
- Cross and Anchor Award, Holy Cross High School (New York), 2001
- President's Medal, St. John's University, 1998
- Named one of Outstanding Young Men of America, 1998
- New Yorker of the Week, Time Warner, New York One, 1995