Field Experience is a valuable learning experience. As employers seek to hire new teachers, reports regarding performance as a teacher candidate are considered valuable information in this process.
All undergraduate education programs require comprehensive clinical field experience. The opportunity to observe and begin working with qualified teachers on various aspects of the teaching-learning process begins during the freshman year, and is required throughout the program. Field placements are aligned with coursework, include specific assignments and responsibilities, and are completed in three phases: Education Impact, Teaching Assistantship, and Student Teaching.
- Student Teaching Calendar for Fall 2023
Specialized Program Area (SPA)
SPA is the highest national association for teacher education within a specific educational discipline.
- Association for Childhood Education International (ACEI)
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL)
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC)
- National Association for the Education for Young Children (NAEYC)
- National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS)
- National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE)
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)
- National Science Teachers Association (NSTA)
- Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)