Center for Mindful Practice
Journey into Wellness: Releasing Stress and Building Resilience (Pre-recorded)
Dr. Donna C. Kester Phillips, Director of the Center for Mindful Practice at Niagara University, will share information, experiences, and tools to empower attendees to continue their exploration and journey into wellness.
Free Online Classes
Welcome to the Center for Mindful Practice and our invitation to participate in free weekly online classes to help you relax, release, and restore. We hope these classes will help to expand your knowledge of the benefits of these ancient practices and expose you to teachers from around the globe. Feel free to take classes as often as you like. You are encouraged to contact the teachers if you would like to know more about their online or in-class options.
- Teacher: Marissa Cranfill
- Class: Full Moon Meditation
- Class Link: Class Video
- Marisa Cranfill is the founder of YOQI yoga+qigong. Frequent trips to Asia as a child inspired Marisa to study academically and work there for over 15 years. While living in China and Thailand she received direct transmission from Qigong masters, nuns and healers in both the Buddhist and Taoist traditions. Marisa developed YOQI over years of teaching Yoga and Qigong at meditation retreats. She found that both practices contained key principles and techniques that enhanced the student's stamina and sensitivity to energy during the long seated meditation sessions. The routines reduced physical pain and gave them more focus and quality of awareness. This became the catalyst to extract a clear and effective program of mindful movement, accessible to everyone, that maintains the integrity of the ancient Yoga and Qigong traditions.
- Contact Information: Marisa Cranfill
- Teacher: Lee Holden
- Class: QiGong for a Healthy Heart
- Class Link: Free full moon meditation
- Lee Holden is an internationally known instructor in qigong, meditation, and tai chi. In collaboration with Grand Master Mantak Chia,one of the foremost qi gong experts in the world, he was instrumental in bringing the ancient Taoist teachings to western culture. His pioneering work has popularized qigong through books, classes, workshops, video courses, online programs, and American Public Television programs. Holden has been acknowledged by the International Chi Gong Association  (2009) for his ability to make the esoteric Taoist teachings accessible to modern students without compromising or diluting their essence. He conducts training and certification programs in traditional and medical qi gong and continues to study with qi gong masters in Thailand, Indonesia, Moscow, Japan, and China. A licensed acupuncturist, Lee Holden practices in Santa Cruz and Los Gatos, California.
- Contact Information: Lee Holden
- Teacher:Chris Pei
- Class:United States Wushu Academy
- Class Link: youTube Video
- Chris Pei founded United States Wushu Academy, along with Coach Zhang, in 1988. He has an extensive background inChen-style taiji, studying directly from the19th generation descendant of the founder of Chen style taiji. Additionally, Coach Pei began his wushu training in 1980 when he trained with the Beijing Wushu Team. A highly regarded Taiji (Tai Chi) teacher, Chris Pei conducts seminars throughout Europe, the United States and Canada. He teachesChenStyle Taiji, Yang Style Taiji and Wushu for USWA.
- Contact Information: United States Wushu Academy
- Teacher: Nick Loffree
- Class:Taoist Yoga Mobility Flow
- Class Link:youTube Video
- Nick Loffree teaches Bioenergetics health practices - Using Qigong, biohacking, functional training, and dietary therapy to bring people to their highest potential. Nick started on this path while healing from paranoid psychosis and chronic skin and gut disease that began in adolescence. He now helps thousands of people around the world to achieve optimal health through his videos, coaching, workshops, and programs. Find Nick on YouTube or head to his website Nickloffree.com for more.
- Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org