Food Marketing Center of Excellence
The Food Marketing Center of Excellence (FMC) is a collaboration between food industry leaders and the marketing department of Niagara University to create, build, and inspire transformative programs and partnerships that position the food industry of Western New York at the pinnacle of global excellence, while enriching educational and service opportunities for students.
In addition to seminars, certifications, and networking events, the FMC sponsors an annual Innovation Summit for food industry executives to share the latest insights and industry trends. The 2018 Innovation Summit will be held April 19 and includes executives from Wegmans Food Markets, Tops Friendly Markets, The Clorox Corporation, Rich Products Corporation, Rosina Food Products, Perry’s Ice Cream, The Food Institute and others. Learn more about this exciting event.
The FMC is organized to provide executive support, college-level education programs, student-centered opportunities in industry, and community service consistent with the Vincentian mission.
The FMC advisory board oversees curriculum design, learning goals, and outcomes of the B.S. food marketing degree offered by the marketing department, College of Business Administration, Niagara University, and accredited by AACSB International. This oversight includes quality assurance, assessment, and measurement of key performance indicators. It is the most industry-focused and industry-informed degree of its kind in the world.
The FMC provides case studies, presentations, industry applications, lectures, assessments, company tours, internships, and employment opportunities to students in Niagara University’s B.S. food marketing program. Each food marketing class requires significant participation by industry experts from the FMC.
The FMC advisory board consists of distinguished food executives from Western New York and representatives from the College of Business Administration and includes:
- Chairman: Bill Chiodo, EVP Grocery Sales, Acosta
- Robert Castellani
- Drew Cerza, President, Just Wing It Productions
- Dr. Peggy Choong, Professor of Marketing, Niagara University
- Robert Denning, President & CEO, Perry’s Ice Cream
- Craig Dumbleton, Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Try-It Distributing
- Bob Ferretti, Team Leader, The Clorox Company
- Paul Gorski, Major Gifts Officer, Niagara University
- Mike Keating, SVP Operations, Wegmans Food Markets Inc.
- Natalie Kreher-Held, Partner, Kreher’s Farm Fresh Eggs
- Ken Marsh, Team Leader-Northeast, Coca-Cola
- Jamie McKeon, VP of Marketing, Rich Products Corporation
- John Persons, President & COO, Tops Friendly Markets
- Paul Peterson, VP, Lactalis Dairy Company
- Dr. Paul Richardson, Chair, Marketing Dept., Niagara University
- Mark Serling, Sr. Dir. Sales & Marketing, Upstate Milk Coop.
- John Zimmerman, VP Business Development, Rosina Food Products Inc.
For more information on the FMC, please contact Dr. Paul Richardson, marketing department chair, College of Business Administration.