Niagara University encourages all men and women whose aptitude and demonstrated achievement in university or college give evidence of their ability to successfully complete the various university programs to apply for admission. Consistent with our Catholic mission, Niagara University welcomes all students, regardless of race, gender, age, national origin, religious preference, sexual orientation, status as a veteran, or disability.
Official Transcripts - Mailed or emailed directly from institution
- Official transcripts of all colleges and universities attended in a sealed institution envelope
- Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university
- Please note mail from Ontario can take 3-4 weeks to reach our office
- *If you have not yet graduated and/or your degree has not been conferred, please enclose an in-progress letter
- Niagara University students and/or alumni: please select "yes" when asked on your graduate application if you are a current or former NU student. This will notify your college/department to pull your Niagara University transcript internally, and free of cost.
Two References - Online
- Two references (academic, professional and/or volunteer).
- *After submitting your online application, you will be able to directly email your references to request a recommendation.
Statement of Intent - Online
- Two-page, double-spaced, typewritten statement discussing your academic and/or research background, your career goals, your personal philosophy related to your area of study, and how Niagara University's graduate program will prepare you to meet your career and educational objectives (Please include your name, program of interest, and anticipated entry term in the header of the document)
Resume and/or Experience Profile - Online
- Resume and/or experience profile including all professional experiences relating to the intended field of study.
Graduate Testing Requirements - Online
Applicants are required to take one of the following examinations. Score reports should be sent to the Graduate Education Office at the address below.
- Teacher Education and Advanced Education Applicants - the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), Accuplacer, or high school SAT, or ACT scores. Testing information is available using the following links: www.gre.org (GRE), www.accuplacer.collegeboard.org (Accuplacer), www.act.org (ACT), and www.collegeboard.org (SAT). Students who have previously completed a masters degree in a related field are not required to submit graduate testing for advanced education programs. Test scores must have been completed within the last six years.
- School Psychology Applicants - All applicants must take the GRE, including Niagara University students/graduates. Although we accept applications on a rolling basis, it is recommended you complete your application by Feb. 1st of each year.
- International Teaching and Learning (MAT) Applicants- Students with a GPA lower than 3.0 will be required to take the GRE/.
- Applicants with a GPA of less than 3.0/B may be required to attend an interview designed to examine the student's career goals, personal readiness for his/her program, multicultural sensitivity and awareness, personal dispositions and decision-making skills, and/or provide a writing sample.
- A degree evaluation by WES (www.wes.org) or Spantran (Click here for application) is required for applicants who have obtained a degree outside of the United States or Canada. Please select the comprehensive course-by-course report.
- For individuals whose native language is not English, a language proficiency examination is required. Please visit www.niagara.edu/toefl-requirements for more information. Niagara waives this examination requirement for students scoring 600+ on the GRE.
- International Teaching and Learning (MAT) applicants must hold/obtain a teaching position in an approved partner institution in order to complete field experience requirements for this degree. For more information, visit our website.
- Ph.D. applicants will be required to submit additional materials. For details, please visit www.niagara.edu/ph-d-application/
Niagara University Graduate Education Office
Academic Complex, Room 221
5795 Lewiston Road
Niagara University, NY 14109
Niagara University in Ontario
2904 Hwy 7 #113
Vaughan, ON L4K 0K4, Canada