Dr. Kilho Shin
Bisgrove Hall, Second Floor, Room 254I
M 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
TH 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. (Online)
W 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
or by appointment
Dr. Kilho Shin is an assistant professor of management at Niagara University. He joined Niagara University in August 2019 after receiving his doctorate degree (Ph.D.) in business administration (specialization in strategic management) from the University of Texas at Arlington. He also holds a master’s degree (M.S.) in economics (specialization in financial economics) from the State University of New York at Buffalo and bachelor’s degree (B.B.A) in international business from Chung-Buk National University, South Korea.
Dr. Kilho Shin’s research interests primarily include time in strategy, managerial temporal orientation, strategic change, environmental adaptation, and knowledge management. His research has appeared in peer-reviewed academic journals including Journal of Management Studies, Journal of Knowledge Management, and Entrepreneurship Research Journal. Also, he has presented his research at major management conferences including Academy of Management and Southern Management Association.
Focus of Teaching
- MGT 691 Business Research, Strategy & Planning
- MGT 160 Management Principles
- MGT 460 Business Strategy & Policy
- Time in strategy
- Managerial temporal orientation
- Strategic change
- Environmental adaptation
- Knowledge management
- Academy of Management, 2017 – Present.
- Southern Management Association, 2014 – Present.
- Beta Gamma Sigma International Business Honor Society, 2019 – Present.
- University Committee Member, Satisfactory Academic Progress, Fall 2020 – Present.
- College Committee Member, Graduate Programs, Fall 2021 – Present.
- Ph.D., The University of Texas at Arlington, Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration.
- M.S., The State University of New York at Buffalo, Master of Science in Economics.
- B.B.A., Chung-Buk National University, South Korea, Bachelor of Business Administration in International Business & Bachelor of Arts in English Language and Literature.