Adjunct Faculty, Physical Theatre
A multi-disciplinary artist and educator who has developed acclaimed programs for all levels of education. He has worked with arts organizations, cultural institutions, museums and theatre companies. Teodoro has served Indigenous communities, individuals with special-needs, LGBTQ, at-risk and street-cultured youth. He has led workshops, given lectures, performed and shown his artwork internationally. He is artistic director of Zanni Arte, a company dedicated to promoting inter-disciplinary arts and fostering the use of masks, in theatre and education.
Teodoro teaches Commedia dell’Arte, Character, Grotesque and Neutral mask practices. He also loves sharing his knowledge and passion for Clown, Bouffon and Puppetry.
Teodoro is currently part-time faculty/guest artist in the theatre programs of University of Toronto Erindale Program, University of Waterloo, Sheridan, Humber and Centennial Colleges. He has worked for the National Arts Centre, Theatre Ontario, Soulpepper Theatre Company, Tarragon Theatre, Second City and the Art Gallery of Ontario. In the U.S.A. he has been a guest artist-lecturer for Trinity College, Pacific Lutheran University and the University of Iowa. Teodoro is the recipient of several Exemplary Practices Awards for arts programming, the Theatre Ontario Michael Spence Award and The Harold Award (from Toronto’s Independent Theatre and Dance Communities).
Teodoro believes that artists are responsible for telling the stories of their time with the hope that even one thing, one thought, one way of seeing the world might be transformed through their work. He continues to research, design and construct various types of masks to be used in future mask-based works. He is currently writing a play dealing with environmental issues that will tour internationally and be presented in several languages.
- Ontario College of Teachers
- National Theatre School of Canada Drama Festivals: Adjudicator and Provincial Festival Committee
- Humber College School of Creative and Performing Arts Youth – Advisory Committee
- Roseneath Theatre – Chairperson Board of Directors
- Bachelor of Education (Honours) Faculty of Education, University of Toronto
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Honours), York University
- Honour Specialist Certification: University of Toronto, Ontario Institute of Studies in Education
- Leather Mask Design-Construction: Commedia dell’Arte – Paolo Consiglio, Florence, Italy
- War Horse Puppetry: National Theatre of Great Britain and Handspring Puppet Co. – Al Nedjari and Dawn Ingleson, Dan Wood, Waterwood Theatre