Dr. Michelle R. Ciminelli
Academic Complex - Third Floor, Suite 328E
Dr. Michelle R. Ciminelli is an Associate Professor in the College of Education at Niagara University in Lewiston, NY. She teaches courses in foundations of literacy, differentiated reading instruction, early childhood education, and organizing the literacy classroom, and received the 2022 Excellence in Teaching award at Niagara University. She is the Program Coordinator for the Master’s in Education Teacher Education initial certification program. Additionally, she has led multiple student study abroad trips to Italy and Haiti, guiding preservice teachers to teach lessons and use best-practices with non-English speaking children. Her current research interests include preservice teacher preparation, fluency development, and short-term study abroad trips. In her spare time, Dr. Ciminelli enjoys reading, gardening, and rock hounding!
Focus of Teaching
- Foundations of Literacy
- Differentiated Reading Instruction
- Organization & Management of the Literacy Classroom
Dr. Ciminelli’s current research interests include preservice teacher preparation, fluency development, and short-term study abroad trips.
- Ph.D. in Reading Education, SUNY Buffalo
- MS Ed in Curriculum and Instruction/Reading, University of Maryland, College Park
- BS in Human Development and Family Studies, Cornell University