Dr. Lisa Williams
Bisgrove Hall, Second Floor, Room 254H
T 1:15 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.
W 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., 2:00 - 3:30 p.m. (Online)
TH 12:45 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.
or by appointment
At the heart of Dr. Lisa Williams, Ph.D interests is the opportunity to build workplaces where both the people and the organization thrive. I work to accomplish this in the classroom with my students, as well as research and service. With regard to teaching, this is my course content, which I purposefully enhance using the lens of our Vincentian mission. My research has focused on individual personality, interpersonal relationships, and leadership. As a next step in my research agenda, I am expanding my work to include organization-level issues such as culture and systems. I also serve the NU and college communities through participation on various standing and project committees such as General Education; Inclusive Excellence; Mission, Research and Development; and business-student engagement.
Focus of Teaching
- People in Organizations (MBA)
- Organizational Development (MBA)
- Human Resource Management (Undergraduate)
- Conflict Management and Negotiation (Undergraduate)
Dr. Lisa Williams, Ph.D present research focuses on issues of vulnerability and justice in the workplace.
- University General Education Committee, co-chair
- University Inclusive Excellence Education and Scholarship Subcommittee member
- University Inclusive Excellence Culture Subcommittee member
- College Director of Student Engagement
- College Mission, Research and Development Committee
- Ph.D. Business Administration, The State University of New York at Buffalo
- February, 2011. Major Field: Organizational Behavior and Human Resources. Minor Field: Communication
- B.S. The State University of New York at Buffalo, February 2003. Specialized Major: Organizational Behavior