Dr. Elizabeth A. Falzone
Academic Complex - Third Floor, Suite 323E
Office Hours: Contact for Appointment
Dr. Elizabeth A. Falzone is an Assistant Professor at Niagara University in the Department of Teacher Education. She holds a Bachelors of Arts Degree in Spanish Education and Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), a Masters of Science Degree in Literacy Instruction, as well as doctorate in Leadership and Policy. She possesses NYS teaching certification in Spanish education, ESOL, and literacy.
Focus of Teaching
Dr. Elizabeth Falzone’s teaching career has evolved over the past ten years. She began her career in World Language Education, teaching secondary Spanish at the middle and high school levels. Becoming very interested in the language acquisition process, she pursued studies in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) and literacy. Through these complementary fields, she has become knowledgeable in areas of language acquisition, literacy development and instruction and culturally responsive teaching pedagogy which allows her to confidently teach and advise undergraduate and graduate candidates in the College of Education within these areas.
Dr. Elizabeth Falzone’s experiences with teaching and service directly impact her scholarship. The innovative experiences that she plans for her students through coursework and the projects that she is involved with in the community create opportunities for research publications and conference presentations. She is contributing to the field of research through themes of authentic partnerships, including university, P-12, and community partnerships and experiential learning for teacher education programs with a focus on culturally responsive teaching, language, and literacy.
- Advisor, Niagara University Future Teacher Association (NUFTA)
- Program Coordinator, Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Co-Chair, Partnership Inventory Committee
- Member, TEAC Committee
- Professional Development Specialist, ENL Instructional Support, Niagara Falls City School District
- Instructor, Adult English as a New Language, Niagara Falls City School District
- Professional Organizations:
- Member, International Literacy Association
- Member, National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- Member, New York State Association for Bilingual Education (NYSABE)
- Doctorate of Philosophy, Leadership and Policy, Niagara University, May 2019
- Master of Science in Education, Literacy Instruction, Niagara University, May 2016
- Bachelor of Arts in Education, Spanish Education and TESOL, Niagara University, December 2013