As their exclusive higher education partner of the Buffalo Sabres, Niagara University has teamed up with the Buffalo Sabres to offer the one of a kind Sabres Scholars program.
The Buffalo Sabres Scholars at Niagara University program provides unique access and experiences each year for 10 NU students enrolled in the College of Hospitality, Sport, and Tourism Management (CoHST). Students will receive special access and mentorship from the leadership team with the Sabres, LECOM Harborcenter, and other sport and hospitality venues in Western New York. Select rising NU juniors will have the additional opportunity to take part in a paid internship experience with the Sabres.
To top it off, each student receives a $1,500 “signing bonus” in the form of a one-time scholarship to commence this truly one-of-a-kind educational experience. The Sabres Scholars program is open to all College of Hospitality, Sport, and Tourism Management students, with a focus on sport management studies.
Applications open on January 15, 2024 and close on March 31. Review of applications begins April 1.
- The program is exclusive to students in the College of Hospitality, Sport, and Tourism Management with a focus on sport management studies.
- The $1,500 “signing bonus” is a one-time scholarship in your first year provided by Niagara University.
- Names and contact numbers for two references.
- Please list any extracurricular activities in high school that have contributed to your development as a person and student. Please be sure to share details on any expanded family responsibilities, volunteer work, internships, or paying jobs you have held.
- Explain why you should be selected for the Sabres Scholars program. Please include examples of your work ethic and dependability or personal accomplishments or experiences that you feel would make you a worthy recipient of this opportunity.
For questions on how to qualify and apply for this opportunity, please contact Brandi Guerinot, assistant dean for strategic initiatives, at 716.286.8281.