The Site is maintained by the University to host communication from the University to the world at large, and the foster communication among the students, alumni, staff, faculty, and anyone interested in the operations and Mission of Niagara University. It is therefore a valuable resource that bears many of the trademarks, intellectual property, and information about the University. To play this role, the Site must allow Users to post textual, visual, and audio content, including but not limited to digital files, photographs, video, recordings, computer files, and computer programs (such contributions are collectively known as “User Content”).
The University is not responsible for damage, either intentional or unintentional, caused by User Content. The University has no obligation to (and generally does not) pre-screen, monitor, edit, or delete User Content. However, the University absolutely reserves the right to do any of the aforementioned controls if any User Content fails to comply with these Terms, or, in the sole discretion of the University, is harmful, inaccurate, not accessible or objectionable.
The University is not responsible for any failure or delay in removing User Content that fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions. User Content does not represent the opinion of the University, and the University does not endorse or advocate the use in any way of third-party web sites that may be listed in User Content.
- The User takes sole responsibility for any User Content the User creates or posts.
- In no event shall a User create or post User Content that frames the content of another Site.
- User hereby acknowledged that User Content is not confidential and will not be treated as such.
- User hereby warrants that the User Content they supply does not violate any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, right to privacy or publicity, or any other proprietary or person right, does not violate the law or any regulation.
- User will not upload any materials that contain or link to such malicious content as viruses, spyware, adware, keyloggers, backdoors, Trojans, or any kind of code that can corrupt, destroy, compromise, or arrange for the unauthorized access to data.
In consideration for using the Site, Users grant the University a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free unrestricted license (assignable) of all copyright interests in the User Content.