Kiernan Center Membership & Wellness Hours Policies for Employees of Niagara University
All university employees are invited to use the Kiernan Center facilities free of charge from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. every day of the week. This service is done to promote health and wellness for the University community. Employees may purchase a membership if they wish to use the facility outside of wellness hours. (See below for cost)
For your convenience, membership payments can be conducted through a payroll deduction. Forms for the authorization of a payroll deductions are available in the Human Resources Office.
Kiernan Center Hours: Entire facility is open for use with exception of pool.
|Mondays - Thursdays||7 a.m. - 10 p.m.|
|Fridays||7 a.m. - 9 p.m.|
|Saturdays & Sundays||9 a.m. - 9 p.m.|
Hours are for the academic year (late August - mid May). During school recess, hours are reduced.
When an individual purchases a membership to the Kiernan Center, it will permit the member to use the Kiernan Center facilities during the center's regular hours of operation in accordance with the center's rules and regulations. Before an individual joins the Kiernan Center, the following should be considered:
- The Kiernan Center is a student recreational facility. The operations and management of the facility will focus upon the student population.
- At times, the use of the Kiernan Center may be restricted due to university scheduled events and activities.
- During school recess periods and summer school sessions, the hours of the Kiernan Center will be reduced.
Membership Rates (as of 8/19/10)
Memberships are sold in a number of categories and time frames including three semesters per year: fall, spring and summer. The membership fees are as follows:
|Community - 1 Year||$400|
|Community- 6 Months||$300|
|Alumni- 1 Year||$300|
|Alumni- 6 Months||$175|
|Purple Membership** (Per Semester)||$100|
|Summer Membership (June 1-Aug. 31)||$100|
|Trial Membership (1 Month)||$50|
** Purple Membership includes part-time employees, spouses and children (ages 16-21) of full- and part-time employees, graduate and part-time students. There are three semesters per year (fall, spring and summer).
Note: Spouses of community and alumni members may purchase a membership for an additional $100 per year and $50 per six months. To be eligible for this discounted spouse rate, the memberships must be purchased together.
The Kiernan Center encourages members of the facility to utilize the KC with their family. For this reason, the KC has established family hours for immediate family members of membership holders. Immediate family may be admitted into the KC during family hours. They must, however, be accompanied by the individual who possesses a membership and must register at the front desk when entering the facility. Children under the age of 16 will be restricted from some areas and are required to be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Policies for Family Hours
For the purpose of family hours, family will be defined as immediate family to the membership card holder (i.e. father-son, husband-wife, etc.). If a staff member has a concern with respect to an individual's relationship with a membership holder, the individual may not be permitted admittance until proper ID is shown. We request that all members who use the privileges of family hours abide by the following policies and procedures to ensure a safe and enjoyable visit:
- The membership cardholder must be present for family members to be admitted into the Kiernan Center.
- Membership holders and spouses are the only individuals authorized to sign out equipment.
- If a member brings in a family member under the age of 16, it is the member's responsibility to supervise this individual(s) in all areas and at all times during their visit to the Kiernan Center.
- Individuals under the age of 16 are not permitted into the following areas: Weight room and nautilus/aerobic area.
- If an individual under the age of 16 is seen anywhere in the facility without adult supervision, the individual will be required to sit in the Kiernan Center Lobby until the staff locates the adult who is responsible for the individual.
- Members are only permitted to bring in 4 family members during family hours.
Late August - Mid May
Sundays: 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
Mid May - Late August & During Recess Breaks
Fridays: All Day
Guest Pass Policy
Members who wish to bring a guest into the Kiernan Center will be required to pay a $10 guest fee. Guests of students and employees will be required to pay a $5 guest fee. Alumni can also use the facility for a guest fee of $5. A guest is required to show ID when entering facility, must be 16 years old and be accompanied by a fee-paying member of the facility.
A limited number of lockers are available for rental.
- $10 per semester
- $15 per six months
- $25 per year
The pool hours will vary depending upon the swim team's schedule, intramural events, instruction classes, staffing level, etc. A weekly and/or monthly pool schedule will be available at the reception desk.
Intramural & Wellness Programs
Undergraduate and graduate students - full- or part-time - faculty, staff and alumni are eligible to compete in intramural programs. All program participants must be fee-paying members of the KC. If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions in regards to the above policies and procedures, please don't hesitate to contact a Kiernan Center supervisor. We value your opinion, appreciate your feedback and appreciate your thoughts.
If you have any suggestions on how we can improve our operations or thoughts on possible programs we can implement, please contact us at 716.286.8055 or email John Spanbauer at email@example.com.