Why major in accounting at Niagara University?
- Practical career preparation combined with a liberal education, guided by Catholic and Vincentian values.
- Niagara University's College of Business Administration is accredited by the AACSB, the global benchmark of excellence in business and accounting education. Only 5 percent of the business schools in the world have earned AACSB accreditation.
- Opportunities for hands-on training including internships with leading businesses.
- Award-winning Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program allows students to do extensive service learning.
- Our graduates have attained employment at top national and regional accounting firms.
- Smaller class sizes allow students to interact with outstanding faculty.
- Internships, career opportunities and networking experiences are available, such as our "Meet the Accounting and Finance Professionals Night."
Students network with professionals and learn about career opportunities at our annual Meet the Accounting and Finance Professionals Night held every September.
Some useful links for accounting majors and those interested in the field of accountancy:
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Institute of Management Accountants
- American Accounting Association
- Financial Accounting Standards Board
- Governmental Accounting Standards Board
- Public Company Accounting Oversight Board
- International Financial Reporting Standards
- National Association of State Boards of Accountancy
- New York State Education Department on Public Accountancy
- Wiley CPAexcel
- Accounting Coach