Career Services is here to help you, from your freshman year all the way through your senior campaign. We want to make sure you get hired, and we have everything you need to get your career on track. And, unlike many other schools, we are here to support you even after you graduate!
Career Services provides a wide range of services for students and alumni, including resume critiques, practice interviews, career counseling, and more.
Career Services appointments are available Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Remote appointments are also available with flexible appointment times. We can assist with the following:
- Career Counseling
- Internship, employment, and graduate school search assistance
- Practice Interviews
- Resume/ Cover Letter Critiques
- Networking Connections
- Handshake: The Get Hired Portal
Remote Appointments: Prior to your appointment, you will receive an email with Zoom meeting details or a calendar invite with a Google Meet link.
To schedule an appointment, stop into Bailo Hall, call 716.286.8500 or contact us. Should you wish to schedule with a specific person, please refer to their emails in the staff directory.
To remain informed about the status of events and programs, students and alumni should check Handshake: The Get Hired Portal and the Career Services Events page regularly. Messaging will be shared with registered students and alumni including all details about how to attend virtually, if applicable.
Virtual drop in hours are available for quick questions and to schedule an appointment. Virtual drop in hours for the Spring 2022 semester are Wednesdays from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Drop in via Zoom at https://niagara-edu.zoom.us/my/nucareerservices
- Employers: We value your commitment to recruiting Niagara University students and understand that the uncertainty of today creates recruiting challenges. We have outlined below some opportunities to connect with candidates. However, we are open to additional strategies to connect you with NU students and welcome suggestions.
- Job Postings: Post your internship/job opportunities on Handshake: The Get Hired Portal. If you need assistance accessing your account, please send your request to Maureen Rizzo. We can also assist in posting your positions for you.
- Employer Information Sessions: Reserve a day/time for a virtual “meet & greet” to engage students regarding career opportunities in your organization. For more information, please contact Stephanie Morris
- Virtual Interviewing / On-Campus Recruiting: Facilitate phone/virtual initial screening interviews to create a talent pool that is easily and quickly accessible once hiring renews. To discuss this opportunity, please contact Mike Skowronski
- Students: Check your NU email and Handshake: The Get Hired Portal regularly for new job postings and information for virtual recruiting events. Should you need assistance logging into Handshake and gaining a better understanding of how to market yourself on Handshake, please contact Tina Johnston or Krista Massaro.
Our mission is simple: To provide you with the best possible assistance in developing and achieving your career objectives as you work toward the goal of lifelong career satisfaction.
Log in to the Get Hired Portal powered by Handshake as a student, alumni or employer to access job opportunities, interview sessions, career events and more.
Leverage NU's alumni network by connecting on LinkedIn. Search for alumni on Linkedin in the field you're interested in then message the alumni directly a short message asking for an informational interview to learn more about their profession.