What are the Goals of the Women's Studies Minor?
- To sensitize students to social distinctions based on gender, gender identity, race, ethnicity, socioeconomic class, sexual orientation, culture, religion, and other social locations
- To engender among students an appreciation of diverse ways of understanding the world
- To use feminist theories as points of intellectual departure and critical inquiry
- To study the intersection of gender with race, ethnicity, class, culture, and other social locations
- To encourage students to act on values they form as they study the complex relationship between gender, social life, and systems of privilege and oppression