Withdrawing from Niagara University

If a college student needs to discontinue their attendance at NU, they should choose the appropriate steps to follow. A parent/guardian cannot withdraw their college student.

The following procedures have been designed to assist the college student. Following these guidelines will avoid unnecessary charges and ensure that all applicable refunds are received. If you have any question or need help, please contact the Records Office.

Steps To Follow If You're On Campus

  • Withdrawing from Niagara should begin with visiting your advisor. If your advisor is not available, contact your department chair or your academic dean’s office.
  • After meeting with your advisor, bring the signed form to the Records Office, which is now part of Student Records and Financial Services Office located in the Butler Building. A representative will review the process with you, help you complete the necessary forms and direct you to the appropriate offices.
  • Resident students must follow checkout procedures outlined by the Housing Office.
  • Students enrolled in NUOP, ROTC or students who have a student emergency loan must visit those offices.
  • Students receiving federal, state or university financial aid must stop at the Financial Aid Office.
  • All students must stop at the Student Accounts Office. For information about refunds,  click here.
  • Please return the completed form to the Records Office.

Steps To Follow If You're Not On Campus

If you are unable to withdraw in person, you must inform your academic dean in writing. This can be by mailed letter, fax or email using your NU-assigned email address. Once this withdrawal is received by your dean’s office, paperwork will be processed and each office will be notified. If you are a resident student, you must contact the Housing Office to discuss checkout procedures.