Why Niagara University's Special Education Certificate?
- Prepares teachers for the policies and practices of teaching students with disabilities.
- Provides teachers with a professional core of courses emphasizing special education services and enhancing performance of students with disabilities.
- Familiarizes teachers with various cultural, ethnic, racial and social backgrounds so that they may create a classroom environment which provides an atmosphere in which students can learn according to their abilities.
- Provides teachers with classroom methods, effective instructional strategies, and curriculum/ assessment modifications necessary for instructing students with disabilities within the general education framework of inclusive practices.
- Prepares teachers with identification instruments and strategies through testing and observation of students with physical, emotional, social and learning disabilities.
- Assists teachers in creating a classroom environment for the inclusion of all children, regardless of ability, in which they can enhance performance in all areas of the curricular standards.