Who We Are
Niagara University educates its students and enriches their lives through programs and career preparation, informed by the Catholic and Vincentian traditions.
- Academic excellence founded in interdisciplinary approaches to learning, capitalizing on our strong tradition in liberal arts education and high-quality, accredited professional programs.
- A campus dedicated to social justice, diversity, and awareness of the local and global environment, educating students as citizens of the world.
- Mission-driven transformative leadership, fostering economic and social development with the community and its strategic partners.
- A culture of care for the whole person, and an organization strengthened by innovation and shared governance.
- An open campus environment through the use of cutting-edge technology and improvements to facilities and outdoor spaces.
Inclusive Excellence in our Language
Niagara University seeks to create inclusive excellence in all that we do, including the use of inclusive language that is accurate, authoritative, and sensitive to all that associate with our campus. We look to The Diversity Style Guide, a project of the Center for Integration and Improvement of Journalism, based at the Journalism Department at San Francisco State University. “The guide includes terms and phrases related to race/ethnicity; religion; sexual orientation; gender identity; age and generation; drugs and alcohol; and physical, mental and cognitive disabilities. No one person can determine the correct usage of a word; this guide takes wisdom and advice from leaders in the field who have researched and considered the cultural, political and linguistic meanings of words.”
Access this comprehensive resource