The Niagara University Food and CPG Marketing concentration is unique in its focus on innovative thinking and best practices across the entire spectrum of the value chain, including agricultural production, processing, packaging, distribution, wholesaling, retailing, consumption, logistics, finance, and research. As a result, the program has deep relationships with key industry partners who provide internship and employment opportunities for students during and after college respectively while providing a level of mentorship and connection to the industry that maximizes a student’s chances for achieving success upon graduation.
Careers in Food and CPG Marketing give students the opportunity to take their career down many exciting and dynamic paths. These include:
- Developing advertising and social media campaigns on Madison Avenue for the world’s most renowned brands
- Working first-hand on exciting and innovative new products
- Traveling the world to meet new customers
- Researching new consumer trends to help shape what and how consumers will shop in the future
Some additional facts for consideration:
- Food and CPG industries represent nearly $2 trillion in sales dollars annually.
- 75% of the Fortune Top 20 companies in 2018 are Food and CPG manufacturers or retailers
- Marketing careers are expected to grow 9% in employment between 2015-2025 according to the Bureau of Labor
- The average salary of a marketing manager in the United States in 2018 was $131,180 according to the Bureau of Labor
- More CEO’s come from Marketing or Sales than any other business cross function according to a 2017 study by Notre Dame University