Virtual Winter Retreat
CCTL Virtual Winter Retreat: Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2021 from 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
This online event is an opportunity for faculty members to learn from one another as we make plans for Spring 2021.
Please click here to register and receive the Zoom link to join.
We present a selection of non-concurrent sessions that you can join online. Some sessions are open forum with a moderator and others are facilitated by a presenter.
- 9:30-9:45 - Zoom Link Opens (The conference link was emailed to attendees upon registration.)
- 9:45-10:00 - Opening Remarks
Dr. Henrik Borgstrom, Associate Provost
Suggestions for Syllabi
- 10:00-10:20 — Syllabus Statements That Support Academic Integrity
Erin Karper, Ph.D.
- 10:20-10:40 — Using Inclusive Language When Constructing A Syllabus
Rita Margarida Almeida Magalhaes, Ph.D., Rochester Institute of Technology
- 10:40-11:00 — Academic Task Force Statements
Jamie Carr, Ph.D. and Stefanie Wichhart, Ph.D.
Strategies to Promote Student Engagement
- 11:10-11:30 — Perusall: An e-Reader Platform That Promotes Class-Wide Annotating Of Course Texts
Shannon Dowd, Ph.D. and Joel Louwsma, Ph.D.
- 11:30-11:50 — Reducing the Impact of Unconscious Bias
Virginia Glazier, Ph.D.
- 11:50-12:30 — Open Discussion: Student Engagement Suggestions, Strategies, Concerns, and Considerations
- 1:00-1:20 — Concerns from the Fall 2020 Semester
Erin Karper, Ph.D. and Kris Principe, Ph.D.
- 1:20-1:40 — Course Design Strategies That Create a Clear and Consistent Structure
Anna McNab, Ph.D.
- 1:40-2:00 — Open Discussion: Academic Integrity Suggestions, Strategies, Concerns, and Considerations
HyFlex Teaching: A Panel Discussion
Panelists: Kris Principe, Ph.D., Patrick Tutka, Ph.D., Jim Delaney, Ph.D., Michael Barnwell, Ph.D., and Christian Elia, Ph.D.
- 3:10-3:30- Conference Wrap-Up
Dr. Tim Ireland, Provost