Virtual Winter Retreat
CCTL Virtual Winter Retreat: Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2021 from 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
This online event is an opportunity for faculty members to learn from one another as we make plans for Spring 2021.
We present a selection of non-concurrent sessions that you can join online. Some sessions are open forum with a moderator and others are facilitated by a presenter.
- 9:30-9:45 - Zoom Link Opens (The conference link was emailed to attendees upon registration.)
- 9:45-10:00 - Opening Remarks
Dr. Henrik Borgstrom, Associate Provost
Suggestions for Syllabi
- 10:00-10:20 — Syllabus Statements That Support Academic Integrity
Erin Karper, Ph.D.
- 10:20-10:40 — Using Inclusive Language When Constructing A Syllabus
Rita Margarida Almeida Magalhaes, Ph.D., Rochester Institute of Technology
- 10:40-11:00 — Academic Task Force Statements
Jamie Carr, Ph.D. and Stefanie Wichhart, Ph.D.
Strategies to Promote Student Engagement
- 11:10-11:30 — Perusall: An e-Reader Platform That Promotes Class-Wide Annotating Of Course Texts
Shannon Dowd, Ph.D. and Joel Louwsma, Ph.D.
- 11:30-11:50 — Reducing the Impact of Unconscious Bias
Virginia Glazier, Ph.D.
- 11:50-12:30 — Open Discussion: Student Engagement Suggestions, Strategies, Concerns, and Considerations
- 1:00-1:20 — Concerns from the Fall 2020 Semester
Erin Karper, Ph.D. and Kris Principe, Ph.D.
- 1:20-1:40 — Course Design Strategies That Create a Clear and Consistent Structure
Anna McNab, Ph.D.
- 1:40-2:00 — Open Discussion: Academic Integrity Suggestions, Strategies, Concerns, and Considerations
HyFlex Teaching: A Panel Discussion
Panelists: Kris Principe, Ph.D., Patrick Tutka, Ph.D., Jim Delaney, Ph.D., Michael Barnwell, Ph.D., and Christian Elia, Ph.D.
- 3:10-3:30- Conference Wrap-Up
Dr. Tim Ireland, Provost