College of Nursing Mission
The mission of Niagara University’s College of Nursing is to deliver quality nursing education that prepares individuals to provide socially-just care through innovative instruction, research, practice, and service.
A globally recognized program preparing nurses to be healthcare leaders of tomorrow by nurturing the development of the whole person – mind, body, heart and spirit, focusing on innovation in education, meaningful scholarship and community partnerships.
Accelerated B.S. in Nursing (Pre-Licensure)
Graduates of the pre-licensure professional nursing programs will build the foundation of professional nursing knowledge to enable them to assume leadership for providing quality healthcare, integrating evidence and ethics for sound decision making, collaborating intra- and inter-professionally for advocacy of patients, families and communities, and engaging in lifelong learning to maintain practice excellence in a contemporary healthcare environment.
- Human Dignity
- Social Justice
Student Learning Outcomes
- Synthesize knowledge from liberal arts, sciences and nursing as a basis for nursing practice.
- Assimilate professional values of caring, integrity, respect for human dignity and social justice into personal practice.
- Implement activities of nursing practice with respect, understanding and sensitivity for cultural, ethnic, gender and age diversity of individuals, families and communities to promote, restore and maintain optimal health.
- View the client as the individual, family and/or population, with a perspective that extends from a person and family to community, national and global health.
- Practice nursing along the health continuum of health promotion, risk reduction, disease prevention, acute care and chronic disease management and end-of-life care.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary healthcare providers, clients and other stakeholders in planning and delivery of healthcare.
- Integrate core competencies of critical thinking and scientific inquiry with ethical principles as a basis for making professional judgments.
- Employ scientific strategies and research capacity to provide evidence-based care.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability for competency in nursing practice through continued learning and professional development.
- Assume a leadership role in meeting National and local goals in nursing and healthcare.