Third Party Private Scholarships

If the Student Accounts Office sends an invoice for a private scholarship, we will post a deferment for the amount of the scholarship. If we are not required to do something for the scholarship to be disbursed, we cannot defer that amount.

Please read your scholarship letter carefully to make sure you have completed all of the steps necessary to have it disbursed. Many scholarships require a copy of the bill, or first semester grades to disburse the scholarship.

If you will be receiving an outside private scholarship and want us to use that amount towards the account, list the scholarship on the back of the statement in box 1 and return the top of the statement so we can notate your account.  

If you need any more information, please feel free to contact the Student Accounts Office at 716.286.8375.

This is when an agency, business or school sends in paperwork to Niagara University stating that they will be responsible for all or a percentage of the student's tuition, fees, and/or housing expenses.  The amount can vary per agency, business, or school.

If we are required to complete paperwork for the scholarship or grant to be disbursed we will apply an estimated credit on the student's account for the amount the agency, business, or school is willing to pay.  The agency, business, or school will then be responsible for paying the given amount in the student's behalf for that semester. At that point we will then bill the agency, business or school for the amount of tuition credited to the student's account.  

If the paperwork from the agency, business or school is mailed to the student we will then need for the student to bring in or mail the paperwork to the Student Accounts Office.

If the Student Accounts Office does not have to complete paperwork for the scholarship to be disbursed -  the outside private scholarship will not be deferred on the bill. 

Student Accounts Office
P.O. Box 2004
Niagara University, NY 14109
Attn: Bernard McGrath


If you receive a scholarship or loan check that is co-payable to yourself and Niagara University endorse the back of the check, and either bring it into the office, or mail it to the Student Account Office at the  above address, so that the funds can be applied to your tuition account.  Niagara University cannot endorse the scholarship or loan check back to the student.  We can only apply the funds to the student's tuition account. If you have a credit balance  after all tuition expenses are covered we will refund you once all credits have been applied to your account or place some funds onto your CCS ID card, such as Bookstore Funds, Gallagher Gold, or Campus Funds.