NU B.F.A. Auditions & Interviews
2021 - 2022 B.F.A. Auditions & Interviews
For prospective and transfer students seeking entry into the BFA Performance, BFA Design & Production or BFA Theatre Specialization programs for the 2021-2022 academic year, applicants are required to audition or interview with a portfolio review.
At this time, our BFA Virtual Auditions & Interviews have passed. However, we will be accepting video auditions and requests for an interview with a portfolio review until May 1, 2021. attend only one of the following virtual audition/interview dates.
We will accept video auditions until May 1, 2021. Please contact Adriano Gatto at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options for submitting your video audition.
All applicants for the BFA Performance program are required to submit a current headshot/photo and resume. Additionally, the video audition must include:
1. One Monologue: One-minute monologue of your choice from a play, prepared and memorized. Not to exceed two minutes.
2. One Vocal Selection: 32-64 bars preferably from a musical.
Optional: Dance/Movement. You may also submit a dance/movement video if you would like the faculty to see your work.
Design & Production Applicants
Each applicant for the design and production program will meet with the design faculty for 30 minutes virtually through Zoom to present a prepared portfolio. Additionally, applicants should be prepared to discuss their theatre experience, career aspirations and expectations at NU. Design & Production applicants will receive a separate Zoom link for their interviews.
We will accept requests for interviews and portfolio reviews until May 1, 2021. Please contact Adriano Gatto at email@example.com to scheduling.
Design & Production Requirements
- All applicants for the BFA Design & Production program are required to submit a current headshot/photo, resume and letters of recommendation upon registration.
- Portfolio: The portfolio should include a maximum of 15 samples that primarily reflect the applicant’s technical theatre production experience. Some examples of materials that might be included are:
- Resume of applicant’s theatre production experience.
- Production photographs that showcase applicant’s work (sets, costumes, props, lighting, etc.).
- Technical drawings of elements designed by the applicant (sets, costumes, props, light plots, etc.).
- Audio samples and documentation of sound designed by the applicant.
- Stage manager prompt book generated by the applicant.
- Additional theatre paperwork generated by the applicant such as run crew notes, prop lists, sound cue lists, etc.
- Photographs or examples of applicant’s artwork.
- Letters of recommendation
Theatre Specialization Applicant Requirements
Applicants for the theatre specialization programs must complete an interview with faculty members from the department of theatre and fine arts. Due to the varying demands of each emphasis (directing, dramaturgy, and playwriting), applicants will have the option to audition and/or present a portfolio of his/her work.
Please contact Adriano Gatto at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss and determine which option may be best for your desired course of study.
*NU Theatre Scholarships
Those applicants who attend either one of the audition/interview dates will also be considered for a Niagara University Theatre Scholarship. There are a number of these scholarships available for incoming and transfer students, valued at $5,000 each and renewable each year.
At this time, all recipients have been notified of their awards.
For more information, please contact Adriano Gatto at 716.286.8481 or email@example.com