Phi Alpha Honor Society
Delta Gamma Chapter
"Through knowledge - the challenge is to serve"
Phi Alpha is a national social work honor society for undergraduate social work majors, faculty and local practitioners. The purposes of Phi Alpha are to provide a closer bond among students of social work and promote humanitarian goals and ideals. Phi Alpha fosters high standards of academic excellence and training for social workers.
A student is eligible for active membership when he or she has:
- Been admitted to social work as a major;
- Achieved sophomore status;
- Completed 9 credit hours in required social work courses at NU;
- Achieved an overall grade point average of 3.0;
- Achieved a 3.25 grade point average in major (core) courses.
Benefits of Membership
- Recognition or academic excellence
- Social Work's internationally recognized honor society
- Social Work's largest honor society
- Students have met high standards
- Respected by employers, social workers and college admissions
- National presentation opportunities
- Lifetime membership
- Membership certificate & lapel pin