Delta Gamma Chapter
"Through knowledge - the challenge to serve"
Phi Alpha is a national social work honor society for undergraduate social work majors, faculty and local practitioners. The purposes of Phi Alpha are to provide a closer bond among students of social work and promote humanitarian goals and ideals. Phi Alpha fosters high standards of academic excellence and training for social workers.
A student is eligible for active membership when he or she has
- Been admitted to social work as a major;
- Achieved sophomore status;
- Completed 9 credit hours in required social work courses at NU;
- Achieved an overall grade point average of 3.0;
- Achieved a 3.25 grade point average in major (core) courses.