Summer Orientation Frequently Asked Questions

Yes, NU will be refunding the SumO guest registration fees.

As a new student for Fall 2020, you are REQUIRED to electronically submit your picture for your NU I.D. Card. To submit your photo, log onto MyNU using your PurplePass with the following link to Upload ID Photo. Compete instructions will be found on this page. Please note that to ensure your card is waiting for you upon check-in at your residence hall in August we ask that your picture be submitted by July 15. Commuter students will be able to pick their ID cards up at NSO and you are asked to also have your picture submitted by July 15.

No. You will be sent sign-in information for your specific day. If you need to change sessions, please call 716.286.8405 to find out if alternatives are available.

Yes, however, waiting until your SumO session will cause a delay in your class registration. It is strongly recommended that students change their majors before Summer Orientation by calling the Admissions Office at 716.286.8716 or via the Welcome Portal on the Major Verification Form. If you request a major change, this will be forwarded to the Admissions Office for approval. You will remain in your current major until notified. Not all major changes are approved. You must meet certain requirements before being approved for a major change.

Please call Campus Safety at 716-286-8111. They will help you out. The registration decals will be available in the fall. Vehicle registration can also take place during New Student Orientation (NSO).

Please call the Athletics Department at 716.286.8600 and/or speak with your coach if you have any questions.

Due to Niagara University’s proximity to Canada, you should be aware of existing federal regulations prior to travel to Canada. 

Niagara University students are NOT required to have a passport to attend Niagara University, unless they are international students. For all others, the decision whether to obtain a passport is up to the individual student.

For more information on the regulations known as the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative, refer to the U.S. Department of State website.