According to NCAA guidelines, the following conditions must be met for an item to be used in institutional, charitable, or educational promotional activities:
- The requested item may not be used to fundraise for high schools, high school organizations (FFA, Latin Club, etc.) for any high school person, or if the high school is raising the funds for a charity or educational project. High school is defined as grades nine through twelve.
- The requested item involving student-athlete's names may not involve co-sponsorship, advertisement or promotion by a commercial agency, other than a sponsoring company's trademark or logo on printed materials (pictures, posters, etc.).
- All moneys derived from the item must go directly to the organization listed above.(i.e. a nonprofit that is tied to an individual associated with a prospect-aged individuals, a nonscholastic team or a prospectÂ conducts a fundraiser on behalf of another nonprofit. The donation through the other nonprofit to benefit the legit foundation would be prohibited).
- An authorized representative of the agency must sign a release assuring that they will abide by the restrictions.
- The item must have written approval of the athletic director or his/her designee.
- Memorabilia may not be resold for any purpose without our approval.
**Completion of this form does not guarantee that the Niagara University Department of Athletics; will fulfill this request**
I understand and agree to abide by the conditions outlined above and understand Niagara University reserves the right to request the return of the autographed item when the guidelines are not followed.