Students and Residence Life
March 11, 2020
Dear Niagara University Resident Student,
Spring break is typically a time for relaxation from studies, travel, and time spent with family and friends. While we all hope you are able to enjoy these benefits, Niagara University is also aware of, and responding to, the dynamic environment due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). I hope you have had a chance to review the message from Niagara’s President, the Rev. James J. Maher, C.M., regarding the extension of the spring break period by an additional week. With the health and safety of our community as our continuing priority, classes will resume on Monday, March 30, 2020 following the extended spring break.
- We wanted to provide specific information to our students living on campus so you may prepare accordingly for the extended break period:
- All resident students who intended to be away for the original spring break period are asked to remain off-campus for the entire extended break period. Those students who previously requested an exception to remain in spring break housing will be notified of the decision by Thursday, March 12, 2020.
- Residence Halls will reopen at 12:00pm on March 29, 2020.
- The University Apartments will remain open for students throughout the extended spring break.
- If the extension of break or other COVID-19-related travel concerns require you to stay during the break period, or return to campus before March 29, please apply for break housing as soon as possible at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc2mGnY-n46856uWQ2wBkX7NujX5ucfVhEw-sRJLgu1qKsSfQ/viewform?usp=pp_url
- Decisions on all break housing applications will be communicated by Thursday, March 12, 2020.
- When you leave campus, bring all important belongings with you, including enough clothing, medication, important documents, etc. for the entire extended break period. Bring all valuables, your computer and all textbooks and study materials as well.
- To accommodate departure for the longer break period, we will close the Residence Halls at 5 p.m. Saturday, March 14, instead of 10 a.m.
- Specific questions may be directed to your CA or the office of Residence Life at (716) 286-8566.
- As usual, students who are not approved in advance will not be permitted to return to the Residence Halls before March 29, however, please contact the office of Residence Life at (716) 286-8566 or firstname.lastname@example.org if your plans change during the extended break period.
Please monitor your student email during the break period for updates.
A general information session for all students will be held on Thursday, March 12, at 12:30pm in St. Vincent’s Room 407.
I wish you a healthy and relaxing spring break.
Christopher R. Sheffield
Associate Vice President, Student Affairs