Residence Hall Schedule
Important Dates for the 2018-2019 Academic Year
Please be sure to review all dates and times and plan travel arrangements accordingly.
For more specific academic details, please see the academic calendar.
- New Student Move In – Friday, Aug. 24 (New Students)
- Returning Student Move In – Sunday, Aug. 26 (Returning Students)
- Classes begin Monday, Aug. 27
- Thanksgiving Break – Halls close* Wednesday, Nov. 21, at 10 a.m. and reopen Sunday, Nov. 25, at noon
- Christmas Break – Halls close* Friday, Dec. 14, at 10 a.m.
- Halls Open: Monday, Jan. 21, at noon (all students) - MLK Day holiday
- Spring Break: Halls close* Saturday, March 3, at 10 a.m. and reopen Sunday, March 17 at noon
- Easter Break: Halls close* Thursday, April 18, at 10 a.m. and reopen Monday, April 22 at noon
- Hall Closing*: Wednesday, May 15, at 10 a.m. (All who are not graduating)
- Hall Closing*: Sunday, May 19, at 10 a.m. (Graduating Seniors)
* All hall closings are mandatory and students without prior approval must vacate. Students living in O'Shea Hall and Lynch Hall may apply to stay on campus during breaks. Applications will be accepted on a limited basis for extenuating circumstances. Students not living in O'Shea or Lynch halls will not be permitted to stay in their own rooms during breaks, but those with an extenuating circumstance may apply for other housing during break periods The apartments do not close for Thanksgiving, winter, spring and Easter breaks.