Credit balances will be refunded as soon as possible. Students should complete their banking information in TouchNet to have an electronic refund processed. This helps avoid lost checks in the mail.  An email will be sent to students when the refund is processed. If you are anticipating a refund from a parent plus loan, we must have written permission from the parent borrower to refund the credit to a student. Without written permission, the credit must be sent to the parent by paper check. If the student wants their refund sent to another person we much have written permission and the name/address of the person requested

Any and all refunds must be approved by the Financial Aid and Student Accounts Offices. If the student is using the work-study deferment, third-party deferment, the company reimbursement, ROTC programs and have requested a refund they will have to wait until these programs are paid first. Also, please allow 10 to 14 business days for processing from the point that there is an actual credit on the account. The student will be notified by e-mail when his or her check is available for pick up if the refund is by electronic means, there will be a two day delay from the notice that is sent to the student and the actual deposit to their account.

Transfer Funds from Tuition Account to CCS ID card

Partial or all credit balances on a student account can be transferred to the student's CCS ID card account. To transfer funds, the student can log onto myNU, click on the Resource tab at the top of the page. Scroll down to the Financial Aid section and choose Transfer to CCS ID Card. Once we receive the the form from the student we will verify the credit balances and process the request. Students should check their myNU account to see when funds have been transferred. If there is a problem, we will notify the student by email. The student can also come into the Student Accounts Office to complete a form in person. 

Committee On Refunds

An appeal for refund of tuition, fees, room and board may be made to the Committee on Refunds provided that continued attendance and/or residence by the student is made impossible by reasons of serious illness (supported by a doctor’s certificate) or by changes in conditions of the student’s employment (supported by the employer’s certificate) or other emergencies which, in the opinion of the committee, are clearly beyond the control of the student.

An application for refund may be filed in person or by mail in the Records Office and must be made in writing on the form provided for that purpose. If the student is prevented by illness or distance from obtaining the regular form of such application, he/she should address a letter to the Records Office indicating the courses to be dropped and carefully explaining his/her reasons, together with supporting certifications.