Advisor and Committee
Pre-Health Professions Advisor
Niagara’s pre-health advisor individually counsels current and former NU students about qualifying, preparing and applying to professional schools. The pre-health advisor organizes, coordinates and oversees the program activities. The pre-health advisor corresponds and meets with prospective students and parents.
The committee on recommendations for pre-medical and pre-dental students is chaired by the pre-health advisor and is made up of the dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, faculty, health professionals and other individuals chosen from the Niagara community. All recommendations for the pre-health students are written by this committee after consultation with appropriate members of the faculty. Pertinent information is also sought from the offices of the dean and the director of student activities. Information is also sought from others who may have a sound first-hand basis for appraising the applicant.
Members of the Committee
- Peter Butera, Ph.D. - dean of the College of Arts and Sciences
- William Cliff, Ph.D. - professor of biology (chairperson)
- Frances Crosby, Ed.D. - professor of nursing
- James Delaney, Ph.D. - professor of philosophy
- Roberts Greene, Ph.D. - professor of biology
- Kenneth Halliwell, MD - physician
- Robert Jenkins, DDS - dentist
- Susan Mason, Ph.D. - professor of psychology
- Christopher Stoj, Ph.D. - associate professor of chemistry