Niagara University encourages all men and women whose aptitude and demonstrated achievement in university or college give evidence of their ability to successfully complete the various university programs to apply for admission. Consistent with our Catholic mission, Niagara University welcomes all students, regardless of race, gender, age, national origin, religious preference, sexual orientation, status as a veteran, or disability.
Fall 2019 BPS Applications Closed
The teacher education program at Niagara University in Ontario is no longer accepting applications for Fall 2019. We have offered admission to the maximum number of candidates who can be enrolled and currently have an extensive wait list.
We will begin accepting applications for the Fall 2020 program on September 1, 2019 and will begin reviewing application for admission no earlier than December 2019.
We continue to accept applications for our Master of Education program, offered at our main campus in Niagara Falls, NY, which leads to dual certification in the U.S and Ontario. Please contact our Assistant Director of Graduate Programs, Saima Horab at email@example.com directly for more information or visit our website at www.niagara.edu/teacher-education.
Official Transcripts - Mailed
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended in a sealed institution envelope
- Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university
- Please note mail from Ontario can take 3-4 weeks to reach our office
- *If you have not yet graduated and/or your degree has not been conferred, please enclose an in-progress letter
Two References - Online (or Mailed)
- Two references (academic, professional and/or volunteer).
- *After submitting your online application, you will be able to directly email your references to request a recommendation
Statement of Intent - Online
- Two-page, double-spaced, typewritten statement discussing your academic and/or research background, your career goals, your personal philosophy related to your area of study, and how Niagara University's graduate program will prepare you to meet your career and educational objectives (Please include your name, program of interest, and anticipated entry term in the header of the document)
Resume and/or Experience Profile - Online (Optional)
- Resume and/or a profile including all professional experiences relating to the intended field of study
- *To be uploaded in the same document as your Statement of Intent.
- Applicants with a GPA of less than 3.0/B may be required to attend an interview designed to examine the student's career goals, personal readiness for their program, multicultural sensitivity and awareness, personal dispositions and decision-making skills, and/or provide a writing sample.
- A degree evaluation by WES (www.wes.org) or Spantran (www.spantran.com) is required for applicants who have obtained a degree outside of the United States or Canada. Please select the comprehensive course-by-course report.
- For individuals whose native language is not English, a language proficiency examination is required. Please visit www.niagara.edu/toefl-requirements for more information. Niagara waives this examination requirement for students scoring 600+ on the GRE/GMAT.
Niagara University Teacher Education Admissions Office
5795 Lewiston Road
Academic Complex, Room 221
Niagara University, NY 14109