On-Campus (non-Work Study)

The Office of Academic Success (OAS) is part of the Division of Academic Services and provides students with the support and tools they need for academic success.  OAS offers both subject peer tutoring for many 100- and some 200-level courses and writing support through the Writing Center for all subject areas.  Tutors must have received a grade of B or better in any course they wish to tutor, and they must also maintain a cumulative average of 3.0 (B) in order to stay employed with the Office of Academic Support. Each tutor receives a minimum of 10 hours of training and is regularly supervised. If you are interested in becoming a peer tutor, apply here

Barnes & Noble, our campus book store, hires students part-time to assist in the store's daily operations.  If you are interested in a part-time bookseller position, check Handshake: The Get Hired Portal or call Barnes & Noble at 716.286.8370 to inquire about available opportunities.

The Dwyer Ice Arena on campus, home to the men's varsity hockey team, club hockey team, and intramural broomball teams, hires students to work the concessions during game days.  Check Handshake: The Get Hired Portal and/or visit the Dwyer Ice Arena to apply.

Metz Culinary Management, our food service provider, is hiring students to work in Russell J. Salvatore Dining Commons, The Gallagher Center, and assist in catering on campus events.  Stop into The Grove Convenience Store or the Russell J. Salvatore Dining Commons and ask the cashier for an application today.

14557945512 9c38e0e88a b

Students who are not eligible for Federal Work-Study have other opportunities for on-campus employment in various departments including, but not limited to:

Newly Hired Student Employees

New student employees who have never worked on campus are required to complete a new hire packet upon receiving a job offer. Please see the required documentation page for information regarding proof of identity and employment authorization for the I-9 form. Students will bring appropriate identification along with completed paperwork to Career Services and an authorized representative will certify the I-9. Completed paperwork will be forwarded to payroll for processing.