Each semester, Career Services has a number of employers that come to campus to interview and recruit NU students of all majors. An updated on-campus recruitment schedule can be reviewed on Handshake: The Get Hired Portal to see what employers are coming to campus and how to apply for these opportunities.
Guidelines for Participation in On-Campus Interviews
- Check the on-campus interview postings throughout the academic year on Handshake: The Get Hired Portal or in Career Services for an updated schedule of companies conducting on-campus interviews.
- Apply for the positions you are interested in on Handshake: The Get Hired Portal. Schedule an appointment with Career Services to review your resume, cover letter or other application documents if you need assistance prior to submitting your application.
- Schedule a practice interview with a Career Services staff member prior to your scheduled on-campus interview by contacting Career Services at 716.286.8500 or visiting us in Bailo Hall.
- Recruiters will review applications and notify Career Services which students they would like to interview. Once your application has been accepted for an interview, you will be notified to select an interview timeslot through Handshake: The Get Hired Portal.
- Wear appropriate business attire for your interview. Business professional attire guidelines can be found in the Get Hired Book.
- Report to Career Services 15 minutes before your scheduled interview with printed copies of your resume and any additional requested materials. If you must cancel your interview, you must contact Career Services 24 hours prior to your interview. No shows and cancellations without adequate notice are unacceptable and unprofessional.
No-Show and Cancellation Policy
A positive relationship with recruiters is extremely important for the continued success of on-campus interviews at Niagara University. These relationships are adversely affected when a recruiter is faced with a "no-show" or cancellation. While we understand that it is impossible to predict illnesses or emergencies, we ask that you contact the OCS as soon as possible if you are unable to make your scheduled interview. When you do not show up for an interview or cancel at the last minute, you prevent other students from having the opportunity to interview. Always keep your schedule updated so that you do not forget an interview time or date.
If you do not show for a scheduled interview or do not cancel 24 hours in advance, there is no guaranteed that you will be permitted to continue participating in on-campus interviews.
Upon Acceptance of a Job Offer:
- Notify Career Services immediately to withdraw from the recruiting program and to allow us to congratulate you!
- Notify other employers with whom you have offers pending.
- Honor your acceptance of the offer as a contractual agreement with the employer. Do not continue to interview after accepting an offer. Reneging on an accepted offer is unacceptable!