Accelerated Second-Degree Bachelor of Science (ASDBS) Program
We are now accepting applications for our Spring/January 2023 Cohort.
Application due: August 31, 2022.
Niagara University offers an accelerated nursing program for individuals who possess a bachelor's degree in another field and are interested in a second career as a professional registered nurse. The accelerated program is run cohort-style, in which a group of students advance through the curriculum together starting in the spring semester. Upon successful completion of the program the student will be eligible to sit for the New York State Registered Nurse licensing examination (NCLEX).
- 12-month full-time program
- Student learning opportunities are classroom, lab, and clinical courses
- Small class sizes to enhance student success
To learn more about required courses, please review Niagara's course catalog.
- B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited university
- Minimum 3.0 overall grade point average (GPA)
- A 250 words or less comprehensive statement answering "Why you want to become a nurse?"
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- Two letters of recommendation
Prerequisite course must be completed before the application is considered for review. All applicants must have all materials submitted by Aug. 31, 2022, to be reviewed for the January 2023 cohort.
The following prerequisite courses must be completed with a C+ grade or higher before application review:
- Anatomy and Physiology I with lab
- Anatomy and Physiology II with lab
- Developmental Psychology
- Microbiology (with lab)
We encourage students to complete the FAFSA to see if they are eligible for any loans including nursing scholarships offered by the university. The cost of the program is discounted 30% for students.
*Once a cohort is full, applicants who are still interested in the program but did not meet the criteria for acceptance may defer their application to a future semester. Applicants may use this time to work on their prerequisite courses.
For additional information about the ASDBS program contact:
The Office of Admissions