Accelerated Second-Degree Bachelor of Science (ASDBS) Program
- B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited university
- Minimum 3.0 overall grade point average (GPA)
- A 250 words or less comprehensive statement(essay) on why you want to be a nurse
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- Two letters of recommendation
Prerequisite courses must be completed with a C+ grade or higher before the program begins:
- Anatomy and Physiology I with lab
- Anatomy and Physiology II with lab
- Microbiology with lab
- Developmental Psychology
How to Apply:
- Complete the university's application for admission.
- Submit two letters of recommendation to the Office Of Admissions, PO Box 2011, Niagara University, NY 14109.
- Forward official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended to the Office of Admission, PO Box 2011, Niagara University, N.Y. 14109.
- Questions regarding the application process should be directed to the Office of Admission at 800.462.2111.
Special Benefits for the ASDBS Nursing Student
- Niagara University has discounted tuition by 30 percent for nurses in the accelerated B.S. program.
Courses included in the Accelerated Program:
- NUR 376 Foundations of Professional Nursing, Introduction to Nursing (3 credits)
- NUR 350/350L Nursing Concept & Practicum I/Lab — Introduction to clinical science and skills (4 credits)
- NUR 354/354L Nursing Concepts II/Lab - Health Assessment and Promotion (4 credits)
- NUR 450 Research Process (3 credits)
- NUR 372/372L Nursing Concepts III/Lab - Individual w/ Identified Needs in Nursing Practice (4 credits)
- NUR 399 Nursing Practicum III: Clinical Care Individual, Medical Surgical Nursing I (3 credits)
- NUR 356 Pharmacology (3 credits)
- NUR 460/460L Nursing Concepts IV: Health of Maturing Adult/Chronic Disease, Medical Surgical Nursing II (4 credits)
- NUR 461 Nursing Practicum IV: Clinical Care Adult / Chronic Disease (3 credits)
- NUR 352 Nursing Concepts V: The Developing Family, Maternal Health, OB/GYN/PEDS (3 credits)
- NUR 353 Nursing Practicum V: Nursing & The Developing Family, OB/GYN/PEDS (3 credits)
- NUR 474 Leadership, Administration and Management In Nursing & Health (3 credits)
- NUR 355 Building Healthy Communities (3 credits)
- NUR430 Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing (3 credits)
- NUR 463 Nursing Practicum VI: Community (3 credits)
- NUR 485 Internship / NCLEX Review (3 credits)
- NUR 468 Information Technology For Nursing & Health Care (3 credits)