Key Points & Fact Sheet
Key Points (once you cease enrollment)
- It’s important to keep your loan servicer informed of your current address and other information. Notify your loan servicer promptly of any change in your:
Name, address, or telephone number.
- Within 120 days after you complete or otherwise cease to be enrolled in the program for which you received your TEACH Grant, you must notify Direct Loan Servicing Center in writing that you:
Are employed as a full-time teacher in accordance with the terms and conditions of the TEACH Grant Program;
Aren’t yet employed as a full-time teacher, but intend to meet the terms and conditions of your service obligation.
- If you completed the program for which you received your TEACH Grant but aren’t yet employed in a qualifying teaching position, you must notify the Direct Loan Servicing Center at least once each year that you still intend to satisfy your service obligation.
- Once you begin qualifying teaching service, you must provide the Direct Loan Servicing Center with documentation of your qualifying employment after each year of your four years of required teaching.
- A form for documenting your qualifying teaching service will be available from the Direct Loan Servicing Center. This form must be certified by the chief administrative officer of the school where you taught for the year being certified.
FedLoan Servicing Center Phone Numbers:
Toll free: 1-800-699-2908