If you are on track to successfully complete your high school degree (12 years of primary and secondary education) or equivalent, and no-post-secondary credit, you are considered an undergraduate applicant at NU.
Please note, there is no application fee for undergraduate or graduate international students.
After you complete and submit the application, it will take about two or three weeks for Admissions to review your application and announce the result.
Complete your free online application
Three years of scores are required
Select countries may require leaving certificates
- If transcripts are not in English, all transcripts must be sent to Niagara University via World Education Services WES or via Spantran. Transfer students need the 'Course by Course Report' evaluation by WES. The traditional freshman just needs the WES standard document evaluation.
- Essays can be on any topic
- Must be written in English
At least one letter of recommendation must be submitted for consideration
Letters can be written by guidance counselors, teachers, or anyone who has seen you grow personally, academically, or professionally
Letters cannot be written by family members
An IELTS score of at least 6.0
OR: A TOEFL score of at least 79
OR: A Duolingo score of at least 110
If you attend a high school where courses are taught in English, a signed letter from your school may be submitted to certify you were taught in the English medium.
- All students should be prepared to provide financial documentation for immigration purposes. See how to apply for student status by U.S. government. - Student Status
- Financial documentation is not a requirement for the application process, but will be a requirement for the I-20 and visa process
Connect with your admissions advisor, Brigid Gorman!