If you are on track to successfully complete your university degree, have post-secondary university or college credit, you are considered a transfer applicant at NU.
Please note there is no application fee for undergraduate or graduate international students.
After you complete and submit the application, it will take about two or three weeks for Admissions to review your application and announce the result.
Complete our free online application
All official transcripts of academic work and completion certificates from a university attended.
Essays can be on any topic
Must be written in English
At least one letter of recommendation must be submitted for consideration
Letters can be written by guidance counselors, teachers, or anyone who has seen you grow personally, academically, or professionally
Letters cannot be written by family members
Non-native English speakers must verify their proficiency in English by submitting:
- An IELTS score of at least 6.0
- OR: A TOEFL score of at least 79
- OR: A Duolingo score of at least 110
- If you attend a school where courses are taught in English, a signed letter from your school may be submitted to certify you were taught in the English medium.
- English proficiency may be potentially waived, if applicant is currently studying at an accredited North American University.
- All students should be prepared to provide financial documentation for immigration purposes. See how to apply for student status by U.S. government. - Student Status
- Financial documentation is not a requirement for the application process, but will be a requirement for the I-20 and visa process.
Connect with our Admissions Office!