English Language Proficiency
Non-native English speakers seeking admission to Niagara University must verify their proficiency by submitting official English Language Proficiency test scores. Lower scores are waived for students who are interested in participating in our ESL Program. Niagara University approves three tests to certify proficiency.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) - Required score for unconditional acceptance: 6.0
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - Required score for unconditional acceptance: 79
- Duolingo English Test (DET) - Required score for unconditional acceptance: 110
English tests can be waived if:
- Native language is English
- Taught in the English medium
- Spent one year or more studying in the United States
- Undergraduate institution is an accredited North American university
For Graduate Students
Please note that Niagara waives the English proficiency examination requirement for students scoring a 600 or higher on the GMAT/GRE.
If your TOEFL scores do not meet the requirements, simply apply to the ESL program here at Niagara!Learn More on ESL Admissions
TEOFL Test Prep
Use the link below for free online resources to prepare for the TOEFL exam!Learn More on TEOFL Test Prep
TOEFL Practice Exam
Use the link below to take practice TOEFL Exams!Learn More on TOEFL Practice Exam
Connect with our International Admissions Advisor, Brigid Gorman!