2018 International Student Orientation
Welcome to Niagara University! The Office of International Relations hosts an International Student Orientation in order to help you make a smooth transition to Niagara and the United States. This program will help you understand the resources available to assist you and introduce you to people who are always willing to help you be successful.
Who is this orientation for?
Anyone and everyone! All international ESL, undergraduate, and graduate students are welcome!
Schedule of Events
Fall 2018 Orientation (Details will be sent to students' emails)
- Tuesday, Aug. 21: Arrival/ move-in day for International Students. Please book a flight that arrives at the Buffalo/Niagara International Airport between 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 22, and Thursday, Aug. 23: International Student Orientation. Details will be forthcoming.
- Friday, Aug. 24: NU New Student Orientation begins with events, food and activities.
- Monday, Aug. 27: Classes begin.
- Thursday, Dec. 13: Fall semester ends. University residence halls close.
We can assist you with transportation from the Buffalo/Niagara Airport. Please email us at email@example.com to make arrangements. If your Visa allows and you choose to fly into Canada, you will arrive at the Toronto Pearson International Airport. Toronto Pearson International Airport is about 1 ½ hours from campus (depending on traffic and bridge backups). A shuttle from Toronto Pearson Airport is your responsibility and can be arranged upon your arrival at the airport by visiting the shuttle kiosk located in the airport.
We have linens available for loan for the first week, until you’re able to purchase your bedding and towels. In anticipation of your arrival to campus, you are encouraged to “Like” Niagara University International Students on Facebook. You are also encouraged to join the NU International Students Fall 2017/2018 Facebook group. It is a great place to meet peer mentors and other new international students and ask questions about your upcoming NU college experience.
What Can I Expect at the Orientation?
- Meet current students who are peer mentors who will help you learn about life at Niagara University.
- Learn about policies, activities, expectations and supports available on campus.
- Campus tour and tour of the area
If you have any question, please contact Debbie Curtis, executive director of International Relations/Brennan Center, at firstname.lastname@example.org.