International Health Insurance
International Health Insurance Requirements
DEADLINE for submission: FIRST DAY OF CLASSES
It is university policy that:
- University attendance policy mandates that all international students must purchase the school sponsored U.S.-based health insurance plan. However, students may request a waiver if they carry a U.S.-based health insurance plan, or an international plan that has $500,000 coverage with a U.S. based claims processing center. Please review the International Insurance Fact Sheet.
- For all other non US based international plans, in addition to $500,000 coverage, the student's insurance must provide at least $5,000 in both repatriation and medical evacuation expenses. No international student shall be permitted to check into the residence halls until all of the specified information is part of the student's permanent record. If the insurance policy lapses, the student will be subject to suspension from NU until health coverage is renewed.
To purchase the school sponsored PGH Global plan:
Ontario, Canada, students must provide the following to health services:
- A copy of your OHIP card, front and back
- Please click this link to fully understand your OHIP benefits and recommendations.
Students not purchasing the school sponsored insurance plan must provide the following to health services:
- Certification from your insurance company that they offer $500,000.00 coverage as well as at least $5,000 in both repatriation and medical evacuation expenses.
- A copy of your insurance card, front and back